Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A NATIVE AMERICAN PRAYER~~~EARTH FAMILY

An Indian Prayer by H. Kent Craig

"My grandfather is the fire
My grandmother is the wind
The Earth is my mother
The Great Spirit is my father
The World stopped at my birth
and laid itself at my feet
And I shall swallow the Earth whole
when I die
and the Earth and I will be one
Hail The Great Spirit, my father
without him no one could exist
because there would be no will to live
Hail The Earth, my mother
without which no food could be grown
and so cause the will to live to starve
Hail the wind, my grandmother
for she brings loving, life-giving rain
nourishing us as she nourishes our crops
Hail the fire, my grandfather
for the light, the warmth, the comfort he brings
without which we be animals, not men
Hail my parent and grandparents
without which
not I
nor you
nor anyone else
could have existed
Life gives life
which gives unto itself
a promise of new life
Hail the Great Spirit, The Earth, the wind, the fire
praise my parents loudly
for they are your parents, too
Oh, Great Spirit, giver of my life
please accept this humble offering of prayer
this offering of praise
this honest reverence of my love for you."


What a beautiful testament of a people who are so linked to Earth and all her elements and creations. Read the words carefully and feel the connection with the universe!




3 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Very well said. awesome feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you citiusprg for your mirror of this wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wado (thank you)for your reflection!

    ReplyDelete