Sunday, September 4, 2011

~~ SEARCHING FOR THE RIGHT PATH ~~ NATIVE AMERICAN




The following "Elder's meditation" comes from my dear Native American friend, Tall deer,  who is the owner of a group called "Cherokee Place of Peace" on care2.com.

Elder's Meditation of the Day 

"Everyone has to find the right path. You can't see it so it's hard to find. No one can show you. Each person has to find the path by himself."

--Charlie Knight, UTE

There are certain times in our lives when a voice whispers to us. The voice doesn't always talk. Usually we hear it best when we are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Inside every person is the knowledge that a Supreme Being exists. Sometimes a restlessness occurs and it makes me feel I need to be doing something or I need to be going somewhere or maybe I start wondering who am I? Often when this happens, I feel lost. Inside of everyone is the natural, built-in desire to be walking the Red Road, or to be seeking a relationship with the Creator. No one can force us to make this journey. We must make this journey because we want to. This journey is not on the outside. The path is inside of ourselves. It is inside that we must begin our search.


 


Oh Great Spirit, help me this day to look within myself. If trouble arises, let me realize that it's not what is going on but how I am looking at what is going on. Give me Your power this day to conduct myself according to Your way of life.
This post was modified from its original form on 07 Aug, 17:45


There are many who question what is the right path to follow in life. What church, what Temple, etc. As the wise elder stated above  ~~ " this path is in the inside of us, not the outside of us". ~~ You cannot see it because it is inside us. We are whispered to  every day, we just have to open our spiritual ears to allow the message to come to our heart. Perhaps in daily prayer, meditation or simply sharing with other humans. You may acknowledge  the voice in anyway you choose. There is no right or wrong way. As long as you keep the door to your spirit and soul open 24-7. Do not wait to have a challenge in life to acknowledge the voice which always has been inside you! 

Follow the path of Love, light and peace. The direction of your path will become clear to you as you hear the whispers from within!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment