Wednesday, June 5, 2013

~~~ MEDITATION AMIDST CHAOS ~~~


Meditation and life organization feed off each other in that you should be at a level of peace with yourself before meditating, ~~ while meditation can enable you to find that peace. There is a good chance that if you are not focused  in your life you may not be able to focus in your meditation. There are many sources of foci one can use to assist in experiencing  a deep level of meditation and separate yourself from daily distractions. 

Tickling our senses can be a powerful stimulus. Burning incense stimulates the sense of smell. Playing soothing music or sounds from nature enhances our sense of hearing. Use a candle for soft peaceful light, allowing you to see beyond the NOW.  Gong and Quartz bowls in meditation are enchanting which are used by the Tibetan  monks. Deep rhythmic breathing through the nose can reconnect your body, spirit and soul which may have become separated by all the everyday challenges in life. We can get lost in our thoughts and become completely disorganized by events in our life

This image above could be me. In the middle of a large city. I have found places to go to when I am early for an appointment or I have a "no show" appointment. Whether  I am in the desert where I will be next week or in the middle of downtown Los Angeles  in a park where I was last week.  I find a place to meditate. While I may not have all the foci available to me on the road, I always have breath as long as I am alive. It is funny how I in-vision myself on my "death bed" meditating with rhythmic breathing. I would be blessed to have such an opportunity in my dying breaths when I leave this shell which contains my spirit and soul.

While we may not find ourselves in an ideal environment for a deep meditation, we can, at the very least, do breathing exercises, regardless of  where we are.

Because it can be frustrating not being able to focus in spite of the various foci we bring to the moment, consider incorporating Yoga  in your meditation. Not only is it good for the health of the body but it assists in physical awareness. Feel your body parts and pay attention to each part. Believe it or not, many of us loose site of our body. Thus ~~ we deprive ourselves of a healthy body and possible remedies for illnesses. We can re-introduce ourselves to our body through yoga. Often Yoga is part of meditation, by combining positions of the body.

As I have referenced in prior posts, you are or who  you become is what you do repetitively. Creating the habit of daily meditation, preferably first thing in the morning, can have a huge impact on the day you are about to venture.  You then can do Yoga in the later part of the day and or you can combine them together if you make the time for it.

Below are two videos: The first is on Quartz bowls and the second is a one hour meditation  which you can play while meditating in a place at your residence which provides you with solitude. You do have have to meditate an hour which is the length of the meditation video. I do suggest you use earphones for the full effect of the OM. and the quartz bowls video. Return to this post to repay the videos as often as you can. 

Chanting the OM  Mantra allows us to recognize our experience as a reflection of how the whole universe moves–the setting sun, the rising moon, the ebb and flow of the tides, the beating of our hearts. "As we chant the OM mantra we are taken  a ride on this universal movement, through our breath, our awareness, and our physical energy, and we begin to sense a bigger connection that is both uplifting and soothing".

Quote from unknown source 








To have order in your life, you need to create habits that benefit productivity at work and in your personal daily schedule. Nutrition for the body is imperative. A strong body promotes a strong mind. A strong mind summons a vibrant spirit and you will live a soulful life!

Namaste 










    







2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Your blog is very interesting. Please visit my blog and please follow my blog too.

    http://thesupremewisdom.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete